An exhibition of selected works by ace photographer Anindo Ghosh, at Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai.The photographs in this collection span the range from inspiring to amusing, from abstract to esoteric, from film to digital, and from black and white to vividly colorful. Every image being exhibited brings with it the powerful visual impact that has characterized the work of Anindo Ghosh, as has been noted and written about by journalists and art critics ever since his debut exhibition in early 2007. In this exhibition, you will see images that demand a second look, images that provoke thought or excite perception: Fine art images expressing the artist’s distinctive style and vision, of glimpses every city dweller has seen at some time, but perhaps not noticed. Also being presented are some images breaking from the conventional rectangular format, a handful of bold visual stories in square format. The exhibition will be open to the public on all days from 12th to 18th June 2012, from 11 am to 7 pm, and the artist will be present at the gallery to chat with visitors all day. There is no entry restriction or fee, and it is hoped that visitors will enjoy the show enough to come back to "look again", with friends and family.
Exhibition of Contemporary Fine Art Photography by Anindo Ghosh
- Hirji Hall, Jehangir Art Gallery
- Kala Ghoda, Fort, Mumbai, India
- 12 to 18 June 2012
- 11 am to 7 pm. No entry fee.
- A display of around 40 selected archival-quality fine art photograph prints, some captured on film, some digital.
- Every image is a limited edition art print of a series of 10 each, with edition documentation.
- Photographs on display are from 2 ft x 3 ft, down to 16 in x 16 in, with minimalist gallery framing.
Additional information for prospective buyers and collectors:
- These photographs are traditional "chemical process" silver-iodide prints, not inkjet printouts, hence the color and detail are more true-to-life, and last many years longer.
- Every photograph is produced on acid-free archival Kodak photo paper, and has a UV-resistant waterproof matte coating, to ensure extended lifetime without fading.
- Prints can be provided in other sizes on request, with or without mounting and framing.
- International buyers can choose to have images delivered in roll-cases, unframed.
About Anindo Ghosh:
Anindo Ghosh is based in Mumbai, India, and specializes in low-light and location photography. He travels extensively across India, and often conducts photography workshops in various cities, on beginner topics as well as advanced subjects. Recent publications include Air India Magazine, British Airways "Free & Easy" magazine, and The Times of India. You can email him at Photography@AnindoGhosh.com, or call his mobile, +91 9820642494.
About Jehangir Art Gallery:
Established by Sir Cowasjee Jehangir in 1952, Jehangir Art Gallery is the most prestigious gallery destination for exhibitions of fine art in any form, in the country. It is well recognized as India's foremost art gallery, and a landmark and tourist attraction in itself. The gallery is located at the Kala Ghoda circle, Fort, Mumbai, next to the Prince of Wales Museum, another famouse landmark of Mumbai. Being invited to exhibit at this gallery is the ultimate honor and achievement for any artist in India. This is especially true for photography as an art form, which is still in the process of being understood as an independent form of art in itself, rather than a craft.
More about the exhibition: